Thrift Shopping x Sleepy Afternoon

Posted by Iris On 12:07 AM

After all the stressful & sleepless nights doing freelance work, my week has finally come to a peace. So before I go on a client project again, I decided to treat myself with my work salary to a wardrobe addition - and I never thought online shopping could be this fun!
Bought all of these from an online store called Purple Mermaid.
Total purchase was PHP 480 + PHP 50 for shipping. Not bad!
I love thrift shopping. Not only because it's cheaper compared to retail prices but the items are one-of-a-kind so you don't have to worry with accidental wardrobe similarities at a party.
Normally, clothes here from the regular mall boutiques would cost around PHP 250+. A coat would be more likely to fall under 750-1500 range. So I was really lucky to have stumbled upon this little piece of shopping heaven. They have a great variety of clothes for a very affordable price & the best thing is, items are delivered right at your doorstep! Now let me review my stash for you:
  1. The black coat is really snazzy - the material is kinda like a combination of faux leather and cotton. It reminds me of what Anne Hathaway wore in The Devil Wears Prada. I've always been a fan of coats that reach up to the waist so when I saw this one I knew it was love at first sight.
  2. Denim tube dress. This is really cool. It complemented my figure very well although it was garterized at the back, it had a bit of allowance so it was kinda loose. Not a problem cause then it's an advantage when I get fat. Haha! :P The skirt was black chiffon I think and it was comfy to wear.
  3. The lace dress was very sexy, it was more of like a top than a dress cause you have to wear another black skirt or leggings because it's shorter than I imagined. The black ankle boots that I have & the white Kikit boots match this. TIP: when buying clothes, don't be just swayed by how pretty it looks but also consider if you have existing items in your wardrobe that would match with it. This way, not only do you save but you also open more combinations for mix and match! :)
  4. Green cardigan. I've been eyeing this thing for months from that shop but I always pass cause I didn't wanna buy just one item only. So when Purple Mermaid had a sale and saw that this was repriced as PHP 80 I knew I had to get it. This is more of like a fashion accent rather than just serving its purpose as a cardigan - the design is made to feature whatever garment you have underneath so this is really useful if you wanna flaunt that printed dress or tank top. The cardigan's really nice as if it was measured to fit me. I can pull up the sleeves to a 3/4 and it would still look cool.
I would definitely buy again from Purple Mermaid! Great finds for a great value!

Late post. On another note, one day during this week I was feeling sleepy and then I suddenly remembered the band that Ryan Ross & Jon Walker (former band members of Panic! At The Disco) formed. It was called The Young Veins. 
They remind me of The Beatles somehow with their melodic retro-pop tunes & catchy lyrics.
My favorite track is Heart Of Mine, Change and Defiance. I've heard of them before right after PATD's disbanding broke out all over the web. The first thing I listened to was Change but back then it didn't appeal to me that much. Probably cause I was still bitter with the whole disbanding thing. However, tables have turned. I've listened to the new Panic! At The Disco album they just released lately - the one with Calendars and Nearly Witches in it. I must say, that the split was worth it - else I wouldn't have the privilege to listen to this new laid-back band.
The Young Veins is very ideal if you wanna listen to something different, more like a getaway of sort. The album is a must-have for when you're going to the beach or out-of-town. 

After listening to music for a while I decided to take my camera and do some test shots. I know, I know, these aren't that good but bear with me. I love practicing with whatever I have for the moment. I don't own a DSLR but I believe that I can work with any camera. The vision is always with the photographer anyway! Right? :P
My camera case and my black-rimmed non-grade glasses that Tyler fixed:
he put my old 400/400 graded lens into the frame.
I love practicing with macro.
Well that's all for now. Will keep you updated if I find something interesting! Also, follow me on Twitter if you like! @irisxxvii
x Iris

0 Responses to 'Thrift Shopping x Sleepy Afternoon'

Post a Comment

Connect

About

My photo
21 years old. BS Interior Design. Bookworm. Computer-savvy and internet geek. Loves coffee crumble & Heath ice cream and feel good music. I blog about arts, culture, music, food and fashion.

Inspire

"Happiness... it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." 

-Vincent Van Gogh

Twitter

Followers